Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yet another AA treatment question.

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Yet another AA treatment question.

Not having a great success rate with the AA treatment as described here in the forums. Even when the vitamin C tablet works fine, the AA just isn't taking the stains off consistently, even with heavier than recommended doses.

I sell a little brush that hooks to a telescopic pole. It looks like a Brillo pad, and it has a chamber that can hold a liquid. There is a button that you depress to prime the chamber, like when you're priming the gas in a lawn mower. The pressure generated causes the liquid to seep out through the Brillo pad part.

Would there be any safety risks associated with putting some AA in the chamber, adding water, shaking it up, priming it, and applying the brush directly to a stain after doing the normal Poly60, pH, CL routine? It seems to me like it would be pretty effective...

Thanks if you take the time. I hate it when people spend money and get bad results.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Yet another AA treatment question.

Your tool should work, though the normal procedure should also work. Is it possible that you didn't lower your FC level low enough before you started?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School