Opened our 33,000 inground, SWG, pebble finish pool 2 weeks ago. Had water tested, and was told to add 50lbs of salt, 2 gallons of muriatic acid, and 3 lbs of shock. We later discovered a rabbit carcass in the deep end. Contacted pool store, and was told to add another 2 lbs of shock.
We haven't swam in the pool yet - thinking this weekend would be the first time, so yesterday I checked chlorine and PH, and the chlorine levels seemed low, so I brought a water sample into the same pool store. Here are our numbers:
The pool tech indicated because my salt level was fine - 3300ppm - I shouldn't be concerned with the chlorine readings. Is that true? Can we swim tonight?