New Pool- valve question

Jun 16, 2009
Hey guys,
I am wondering about this valve, I assume it controls where water is being drawn to the pump from. I assume that one line is attached to my two skimmers and the other line goes to my main drain. I am having trouble making out the writing on the valve, all I really want to know is where to set it so it draws from both equally. My pool is to nasty to get down to the main drain and feel if it is pulling from the drain. I can feel where it drawing from the skimmers and where it stops pulling from skimmers and I imagine is pulling only from the drain, but where should I point it (4 o'clock, 9 o'clock? etc) where it pulls equally from both pipes? Please indicate whether I point the handle side or the other side to position.

Thanks for your help.

MonkeyLove

Attachments

• Pool Pic.JPG
    Pool Pic.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 48
I do, I have that Valve....
3 and 9 are 50/50 settings for both lines- the little sticker says "1/2". 4 oclock is 'full' for the line to the right; 10 oclock is 'full' for the line to the left. Not sure which is which - but I'd go half way to 'full' on the main drain line, leaving a little skimmer action but pulling slightly more from the bottom drain.
You can make out the "off" correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.