Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool- valve question

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool- valve question

Hey guys,
    I am wondering about this valve, I assume it controls where water is being drawn to the pump from. I assume that one line is attached to my two skimmers and the other line goes to my main drain. I am having trouble making out the writing on the valve, all I really want to know is where to set it so it draws from both equally. My pool is to nasty to get down to the main drain and feel if it is pulling from the drain. I can feel where it drawing from the skimmers and where it stops pulling from skimmers and I imagine is pulling only from the drain, but where should I point it (4 o'clock, 9 o'clock? etc) where it pulls equally from both pipes? Please indicate whether I point the handle side or the other side to position.

Thanks for your help.

MonkeyLove
    Attached Images Attached Images
    30000 IG vinyl pool, DE Filter, SWG, autocover
    Northern Indiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool- valve question

Good question. I have no earthly idea, but I am sure someone who does will be along. Good Luck!
    Matt
    20,000 gallon, sand filter, IG vinyl

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pool- valve question

I do, I have that Valve....
    3 and 9 are 50/50 settings for both lines- the little sticker says "1/2". 4 oclock is 'full' for the line to the right; 10 oclock is 'full' for the line to the left. Not sure which is which - but I'd go half way to 'full' on the main drain line, leaving a little skimmer action but pulling slightly more from the bottom drain.
    You can make out the "off" correct?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com