HTH Salt Pool Care Cell Saver

That product helps prevent calcium scaling of the SWG cell. Presumably it is a sequestrant optimized for calcium at SWG salt levels. If you are actually getting calcium scaling on your SWG cell all the time it will shorten the life of the cell. So preventing that scaling will lengthen the life of the cell. Of course there are much simpler and less expensive ways to prevent calcium scaling.

Here's the only thing I can find about it.

"Cell Saver is a unique formula containing enzymes and clarifying and sequestering agents that work together to extend the life of salt water generators by preventing scale and oily buildup on the cells. Cell Saver stops metal staining, clears cloudy water, increases efficiency and reduces phosphates to prolong the life of the salt water generator cell."

Thanks guys.....I figured it was along those lines, just couldn't find anything with a quick google search. I'm not putting something in the pool that I'm not sure what it is. Just found it interesting that you can market a product and not really disclose what it is, yet folks will pour it in their water :hammer: Just add 4oz and don't worry about your chemistry won't work for me

Well, I'll just stick to keeping my water and PH balanced :goodjob:

Bama Rambler said:
Here's the only thing I can find about it.

"Cell Saver is a unique formula containing enzymes and clarifying and sequestering agents that work together to extend the life of salt water generators by preventing scale and oily buildup on the cells. Cell Saver stops metal staining, clears cloudy water, increases efficiency and reduces phosphates to prolong the life of the salt water generator cell."

Now I've seen scale/calcium build up on cells before, but how many of you have seen "oily buildup" ?! What product are they using that creates that :shock:

So what are the quicker and simpler ways to lower calcium hardness you mentioned? To make that question a little more difficult: my tap water is extremely hard to start with and I do not have a water softener. I'm using an Intex SWG with a small (16' x 42") easy set pool...getting scale build-up every 3-4 days that disables the SWG and then I need to clean it with vinegar (which works amazingly well and fast). Ph is running low right now (typically 7.2) as I am adding 24-30 oz. muriatic acid for the past several days trying to get total alkalinity down (started at 260, currently have it down to 190, trying to get it down to your recommendation of 90). A little worried about using TSP to lower the calcium hardness after the info I've found about algae loving it...what would you do?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TSP will not lower the CH level. There are only two practical ways to lower CH, one is to replace water and the other is getting a reverse osmosis treatment.

You can help prevent calcium scaling by keeping your PH and TA levels down. It sounds like you are already working on that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.