Maxsrents Pool build

maxsrents

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
NJ
Our construction began in November, stalled in February and restarted the beginning of April. The patio will be poured on Wednesday and the 3m quartz plaster will be done 1 week from today. We are getting excited that the end of construction is in sight. Here are some pictures of our construction.

DSCN14720654DSCN1472.jpg

DSCN15540736DSCN1554.jpg

DSCN19431058DSCN1943.jpg

Thanks for the tip (I edited my original post) and the compliments. No, its not a spa its a cozy corner, which is opposite the swim out and will have an adults only sign posted on it. :lol: That way hopefully the kids will leave us to sun and drink our margaritas in peace, as they dive in and run out through the swim-out.

Yesterday, they finally poured our concrete patio. After several last minute issues (concrete truck arriving 2 hours late, PB forgot the deck jets 'til I reminded him, and PB attempted to make patio smaller but I caught him) it is done!! :D . I am very happy with the outcome but man, am I glad I was home!!
DSCN20971184DSCN2097.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, happy mother's day to me-we got plastered today!!! Yeah!! :D I was curious as to protocol with the the final payment-should we pay them upon completion of the job or upon approval of final inspection from the township?
DSCN21081195DSCN2108.jpg

DSCN21141201DSCN2114.jpg

I just read our original permit which states "Final Inspections are Required Before Final Payment is Made to Contractor". They are here today acid washing and then filling w/ water. Yeah...the end is near!! :)

Thanks so much! The pool is still filling up. I am anxiously (& nervously) awaiting pool school-I must make sure my DH will be home! I am now contemplating a fence around the pool-I am having an internal struggle- I originally was satisfied with our exisitng perimeter fence but w/ 2 boys (8 & 12, who are good swimmers) and their friends and a 13 yr old Boston Terrier (who hates swimming) I am losing sleep. I realized that I have a sense of security with the construction fence so...I believe I need a fence around the pool-I like my uninterrupted sleep too much!!
DSCN21261213DSCN2126.jpg

Your pool may be my favorite so far. Cool shape.

I say you can't go wrong with a fence. Aside from the obvious safety concerns, it will also keep alot of the windblown stuff from getting in your pool. Anything that helps your pool stay clean is a good thing in my book.

Kevin

There is foam between the coping and the concrete deck. I asked my PB about it and he said it gets removed. The salesman came by today and when I showed it to him-he said it remains there or we can pay a price and have some sort of caulk put in. It looks so bad. What should be there??

That area is basically an expansion joint between your deck and pool. I don't know the technical term of the material but I had an epoxy type caulk injected. It is flexible and also color matched to my deck/ flagstone. I am suprised that is not part of the build/ finishing touches from the builder. I don't have any close up pictures of mine but perhaps someone else might. I will try to get one uploaded within the next few days. Keep us posted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.