Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxsrents Pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

Maxsrents Pool build

Our construction began in November, stalled in February and restarted the beginning of April. The patio will be poured on Wednesday and the 3m quartz plaster will be done 1 week from today. We are getting excited that the end of construction is in sight. Here are some pictures of our construction.

Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

2. Back To Top    #2
    Carolyn, if you like, instead of using the http tags, you can cut and paste the [img] tags and it will put the picture here where everyone can see them. You could also just upload them to the site if you like. As a sponsor, you have 5mb of attachment space.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Looking good btw. Is that a spa or a sitting area? If it's a spa, how is it going to be seperated from the pool? I haven't seen it done like that before. Of course, there's lots that I haven't seen.

Very cool shape too!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the tip (I edited my original post) and the compliments. No, its not a spa its a cozy corner, which is opposite the swim out and will have an adults only sign posted on it. That way hopefully the kids will leave us to sun and drink our margaritas in peace, as they dive in and run out through the swim-out.
    Carolyn

5. Back To Top    #5
    Doh! It seems obvious now. That is a very cool idea. Did you put in beverage holders?
    TFP Founder

6. Back To Top    #6

No-I've only heard of floating beverage holders, which I'm sure your not thinking of. What kind are you thinking of?
    Carolyn

7. Back To Top    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by maxsrents
    No-I've only heard of floating beverage holders, which I'm sure your not thinking of. What kind are you thinking of?
    Just kidding, but that would be nice to have them built right into the side of the cove / spa etc.
    TFP Founder

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, a built in beverage holder and built in margarita dispenser would be awesome!! :P
    Carolyn

9. Back To Top    #9

Yesterday, they finally poured our concrete patio. After several last minute issues (concrete truck arriving 2 hours late, PB forgot the deck jets 'til I reminded him, and PB attempted to make patio smaller but I caught him) it is done!! . I am very happy with the outcome but man, am I glad I was home!!
    Carolyn

10. Back To Top    #10
    Outstanding looking. Give us some details on what type of decking you decided to go with. Betcha can't wait to jump in.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks for the compliment! We went with colored concrete (spring beige), which we are hoping will match the coping.
    Carolyn

12. Back To Top    #12

Well, happy mother's day to me-we got plastered today!!! Yeah!! I was curious as to protocol with the the final payment-should we pay them upon completion of the job or upon approval of final inspection from the township?

Carolyn

13. Back To Top    #13
    Make the final payment when the work is 100% completed to your satisfaction and not a second sooner. If you already caught the builder trying cheat you, then you can bet the when he gets the last payment, it will also be the last time you see him.
    TFP Founder

14. Back To Top    #14

I just read our original permit which states "Final Inspections are Required Before Final Payment is Made to Contractor". They are here today acid washing and then filling w/ water. Yeah...the end is near!!
    Carolyn

15. Back To Top    #15
    Congrats on the finish of your pool build. It looks great. Please show us pictures with the deck jets on.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks so much! The pool is still filling up. I am anxiously (& nervously) awaiting pool school-I must make sure my DH will be home! I am now contemplating a fence around the pool-I am having an internal struggle- I originally was satisfied with our exisitng perimeter fence but w/ 2 boys (8 & 12, who are good swimmers) and their friends and a 13 yr old Boston Terrier (who hates swimming) I am losing sleep. I realized that I have a sense of security with the construction fence so...I believe I need a fence around the pool-I like my uninterrupted sleep too much!!
    Carolyn

17. Back To Top    #17
    Your pool may be my favorite so far. Cool shape.

I say you can't go wrong with a fence. Aside from the obvious safety concerns, it will also keep alot of the windblown stuff from getting in your pool. Anything that helps your pool stay clean is a good thing in my book.

Kevin
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina

18. Back To Top    #18

There is foam between the coping and the concrete deck. I asked my PB about it and he said it gets removed. The salesman came by today and when I showed it to him-he said it remains there or we can pay a price and have some sort of caulk put in. It looks so bad. What should be there??
    Carolyn

19. Back To Top    #19
    That area is basically an expansion joint between your deck and pool. I don't know the technical term of the material but I had an epoxy type caulk injected. It is flexible and also color matched to my deck/ flagstone. I am suprised that is not part of the build/ finishing touches from the builder. I don't have any close up pictures of mine but perhaps someone else might. I will try to get one uploaded within the next few days. Keep us posted.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

20. Back To Top    #20

Yes, I'm surprised it isn't included as well. Is this something that is normally included? I can't help but feel that this PB is trying to get away with something.
    Carolyn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast