Anionic Polyacrylamide

seilsel

In The Industry
May 22, 2009
This is the main ingredient in a stain and scale prevention product that I know of. Does anyone know what it is, how it works, whether or not it's effective? Is it a chelating agent for iron/copper/manganese?

Thanks again. Next paycheck, becoming lifetime supporter. Unless my truck explodes again.

It's very similar to a polyacrylate, which is the gel like stuff in disposable diapers and which is added to some detergents and bleaches as a sequestering agent for laundry.

From what I read, in water it is sequestering agent for metal chloride salts, at least iron. It appears that it would be at least somewhat effective at making the metal salts "filterable".

Not worried about filtering them, worried about sequestering them. I was told by a tech for the other sequestering agent that I sell that "it's not very effective for iron, but works great for copper."

Wondering if I can sell the anionic polyacrylamide or if I need to stock something else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.