please help

May 25, 2010
Fairly new to the pool scene.Just opened pool (inground 18x32) noticed pump was kicking off tripping breaker. Got a new 3/4 superflow pump. Pump will run for hrs, after I shut off pump very hot and has to cool down before timer kicks in, also notice my vacuume doesnt have the suction it used to have . Possible causes. please help LOL

original pump was 3/4 and supplier gave new hayward 3/4 pump superflow. how can i tell if I have a blockcage in any of my lines. the circulation in the pool is fine , just notice my vacuume manual doesnt have the suction it used to have and I notice my pump is quite hot but not tripping breaker. Only when i shut off it kicks on after 5 or 7 mins . I know the the pump has a thermal overload , and when pump is cool enough it comes back on. So therefore am thinking maybe a block somewere

Not all 3/4 HP pumps are really the same HP as each other. Motor companies play this game where they label the same motor with different HP ratings for various marketing reasons. JohnT is asking about the SF, or service factor. The SFHP, which is SF * HP, is a better way to compare two motors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.