Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dissolve rate of CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

Dissolve rate of CYA

The first time I put CYA in the pool (in panty hose, in skimmer), I placed about 3 lbs in in the evening and by the next morning it was all gone. The 2nd time I placed about 1.5 lbs the same way in the morning and by evening it was all dissolved. Those two were out of the same container. Yesterday at ~noon I placed 2 lbs in - same brand but new container- and as of now 8am I would say only half is dissolved. Does that seem odd?
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Was your pump running all the time when you added it?
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

Yup
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

4. Back To Top    #4
    That isn't surprising. Sometime it disolves comparatively quickly. Sometimes it appears to disolve, vanishes from the sock, but doesn't show up on the test for several more days.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School