I took the water in to get tested at the pool store and was told to add 2 lbs of shock. (53% cal-hypo), this is first opening post winter.
All other readings were considered normal (except Cyanuric Acid and I was told it would start showing up after a week. Stablizer is in tablets (we put a couple of those in floaty thing).
I added 2 lbs, then added 2 more lbs and FC came up to .5
I've added 2 more lbs twice (so 8lb's total) and FC still appears to be .5
It has been covered most of the time btw. Is this a reasonable amount of shock? I've tested with 2 types of strips and the FC appears to be .5 on both...
I just want to make sure I'm not completely off-base. Thank you much!