How do I know if I have mustard algae?

To get rid of mustard algae, you need to do a regular shock, then raise FC up to mustard algae shock for 48 hours and brush absolutely everywhere, under the steps of the ladder, behind light niches, etc. Also, all pool toys, pool tools, and bathing suits need to either be soaked in high FC water, wiped down with a dilute bleach solution, or washed in a clothes washer.

Wow, I really hope I don't have/get this.
I don't think so. It seems to be done. The pool was close to crystal clear when I got home. 2 FC (It was 8 FC when I left in the AM.)
But shocking at mustard shock level tonight (in addition to what I had been doing in my other thread) seemed to hold. I only had one measurement that dipped a few FC, but the rest of the tests were all good, no drops. I'll see how I am in the AM.

Incidentally skydiva, I see you have two diva's living with you. (The Shih-Tzus in your pic.) We have one, and she is the Queen of the castle for sure. :thequeen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.