Backyard Music

I bought a single wireless 'weatherproof' speaker from Wal-Mart a couple years back. 65 bucks. The receiver for it is plugged into my receiver in the house (50' away), and does just fine. I didn't want to get too sophisticated with running wires, but not ruling that out in the future. Wireless speakers don't last forever. If it does get wet, like when I forget it and the sprinklers go off, then it needs to dry for a couple days so it will stop crackling.

I think the #1 thing you need to worry about with electronics outdoors is humidity. A receiver will turn into a rusty mess if they can't breathe.

The best outdoor speaker that I have heard is the TIC omni in ground speaker. They are very affordable through amazon ($80 dollars each) I installed 2 in my planter. I have a receiver in my home with a zone 2 setting. I ran 12 G direct burial audio wire to each of the speakers under ground before my deck was poured. Set up my zone 2 and bam! I can listen to anything outside including TV that runs through my receiver. These are the same speaker systems that Disney use in their resorts. I have had nothing but compliments about the sound quality and the mood it can set in your backyard paradise and several people have no clue where the sound is coming from until I show them.

this is the company link-
ww.ticcorp.com

I have my computer hooked into my stereo receiver. My receiver has two channels for output, one powers a set of speakers inside, one powers a set of speakers outside. Both sets of speakers are hardwired. Then I can turn on either the inside or outside speakers or both. Then I just run my Pandora up and life is good.

Riles

I have been using the Audio Unlimited wireless out door speakers for a year now, and the stereo head phones, and the Pool Pod, mostly in the spa. The out door speakers are not stereo but the sound quality is the best quality of all those I've ever used, over many years (That is in a certain price range). Many I've tried just don't work or don't work well. Even though we are a mile from the largest TV Tower Forest in the US, and have all kinds of signals bombarding us, and affecting a lot of things, these speakers rarely cut out. I have the speakers under an eave but much of our rain is blowing rain.

Audio Unlimited prices are very reasonable too. We have one transmitter hooked up to DH's computer (iTunes) and another to the TV. They have pretty good range too. Transmitters can be hooked up to virtually any sound source and even come with a few adapters.
See http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=wireless+outdoor+speakers
gg=alice

I had the electrician run an extra 1" conduit for low-voltage when the pool was built. I pulled two 2-conductor 12 ga. speaker wires, 2 cat 5e--one for POTS and one for internet--and a RG-6 for TV (not yet used). It was quite a cable pull, the whole family was involved. I have a 4-way impedance matching speaker switching box attached to my living room Denon amp and two Paradigm outdoor speakers on the pool fence. I also installed a volume control on the fence.

As my desktop computer doubles as a media center and feeds digital 5.1 to the living room amp, I can control it with a netbook from poolside that gets wi-fi from an access point hitched to the Cat5e. It's all Rube Goldberg, but it works beautifully. The Paradigm Outdoor Speakers are great. I am not a fan of wireless speakers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.