Biogaurd smart shock vs Burnout Extreme

Smart shock is Di-chlor with a little bit of copper in it.

Extreme burnout is cal- hypo 47%

Bioguard has a lot of different and fancy names for dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, etc.

Balance pak 100 is a fancy name for baking soda
Balance pak 300 is calcium chloride. Balance pak 200 is soda ash
:roll: :roll:
starrock77 said:
explain to me why they have alot of products that are almost duplicates with different names.

Marketing and when you come in with water problems they didnt fix the day before, they can sell you something else with a fancy name to make you think your adding some magic potion to make your water clear. :wink:

I like the ease of the smart shock, is there anything I need to be concerned with if I was use to using burnout extreme? Burnout extreme would really cloud up the pool at first and send my filter pressure way up. Smart shock completely dissolved before it fell to the bottom of the pool. I would like to stay with the smart shock for the whole season if I can.

Thanks

Have you read pool school? :wink:

It's almost never a good idea to use Dichlor for shocking, especially when it has copper in it, which you really don't want to put in your pool anyway.

So when you say, "stay with the smart shock for the whole season" - there really wouldn't be any reason to use it anyway, since a properly chlorinated pool rarely, if ever, needs shocking, and it certainly shouldn't be considered routine. So if you are used to the pool store's advice of shocking once a week or every other week - that's really unnecessary and just away for them to take your money.

If you follow the methods we teach here at TFP - maintaining proper FC levels according to your CYA level - you shouldn't have to shock at all. :goodjob:

And lastly if you do have to shock, we pretty much just recommend liquid chlorine or bleach - with a few exceptions to that rule.

Hope this helps :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.