Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tip for measuring CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

Tip for measuring CYA

For any newbs out there or anyone who has trouble testing their CYA check out the CYA Standard Solution at TFTestkits. For $8 you get a 50ppm solution that allows you to run the test and see exactly what that dot should look like at the end point.

It is a no brainer to add to your order when you are purchasing your first TF-100 or even just getting refills.

note: I have no affiliation with TFTestkits.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tip for measuring CYA

Cool! Thanks
    24' Above Ground installed March, 2010
    22 Sand Filter With Zeolite
    1.5 HP Motor Pump

Successfully using the BBB Method!

pool-school

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Tip for measuring CYA

I thought I would resurrect this post since I have been seeing many new members complaining about how difficult the CYA test is.

From TFTestKits:
    This is an inexpensive way to test the validity of your CYA chemistry as well as to verify your testing methods.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator