Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP- no deck & dirty feet

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP- no deck & dirty feet

I was wondering how people deal with dirty feet and how large of hard surface area people have around their ladders/steps to keep their pool clean. We have a lot of bare dirt surface around the pool from just having built it and I've stuck in some flagstone, but not sure it is enough. It gets fairly hot too. We have 3 little pigs (kids).

We have been through the footbath idea before with the softside pool, but they get dirty too quickly even with adding bleach. I planted grass, so maybe just need to deal until it gets going.
    18' round, 52" deep Kamika/Nuance by trevi;
    1HP/2 speed Hayward pump/150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Aqua Trol

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP- no deck & dirty feet

Same boat here. Just finished my install end of last week. I have a nice pool sitting half buried in a red clay mudhole! With party planned for Memorial Day, I just bought bunches of no float premium cypress mulch to put down as a temporary fix down one long side between the porch (only) deck right now and the pool-about 8 feet. Gonna put some step stones in front of the ladder and hang the hose with a sprayer head on it to "wash off" before entering the pool.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

We used flagstones.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

A chunk of indoor/outdoor carpet really helps
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

When I was a kid, we had a 12' x 3' doughboy in the back yard. My mother put a dishpan in front of the ladder. We had to swish our feet around to get at least the loose stuff off before we could go in. The water got dirty fast, but we changed it a lot because it would get uncomfortably warm just sitting in the direct sunlight.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    A chunk of indoor/outdoor carpet really helps
    +1
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

7. Back To Top    #7

I used leftover happy bottom. Works great!
    32,000 Gallon in ground Vinyl Pool True Ell
    Intelliflo VS+SVRS Pump, Quad DE80 Filter, Intellichlor IC60, Intellibrite Lights, Intellitouch Control

8. Back To Top    #8

My yard is a mess as well. Pool was installed 4 days ago. Home Depot has 6 x 8 unbound and pre-cut indoor outdoor green carpet for about $17.00 - I bought 2. I use 1 and when it gets totally soaked, I swap it out with the other. Works well until I can afford to built a deck.
    ~21 ft Round
    ~52 inches high
    ~11,500 Gallons
    ~Hayward EC50 DE Filter and a 1hp pump. Flow Rate of 50 GPM