Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: More POP needed or doing something wrong?

1. Back To Top    #1

More POP needed or doing something wrong?

Got filter hooked up middle of last week, water was soo green cause it remained uncovered all winter(leak in liner). Filled with water and turned on filter and pump all working great. Had NOTHING in the way of chemicals left in pool of course since it didnt get covered. I have put in 2lbs of Stabilizer, and 16 gallons of bleach, we are still very milky not green but just cant get it to clear. When I vacuum I can only go abit before it sends the pressure thru the ceiilng. I backwash and move on. Should I just put the hose in the pool keep filling and vaccum to waste? Is there something I am missing?? I brush the pool each time I go out, stir up alittle bit but nothing much. I think I am really really lose here.
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: More POP needed or doing something wrong?

Please post a full set of numbers:

FC
    CC
    pH
    CYA
    CH
    TA
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by svenpup
    Please post a full set of numbers:

FC
    CC
    pH
    CYA
    CH
    TA
    FC 25
    CC 2
    PH 7.8
    CYA 0(adding 2bls via sock method)
    CH ?
    TA ?
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Vaccuum to waste sounds like it would help, as its clogging the filter so fast. Once the stabilizer is in there, that will help, as you've probably been losing significant FC to sunlight.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

5. Back To Top    #5

Just check my FC and its at 32 and my CC was .5...hopefully I am heading in the right direction. I am still sweeping and vacuuming every hour or so. Do I keep the FC high? and if so for how long?
    Overwhelmed

6. Back To Top    #6

Keep it high till you have .5 CC or less and an overnight chlorine loss of 1 or less. You'll need to do an overnight chlorine loss test with a FAS-DPD kit to tell when you're done shocking.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit