ascorbic acid stain removal difficulties

pengi

May 17, 2010
Has anyone encountered trouble removing iron stains from a vinyl liner with Ascorbic Acid? I fought with the stains last year and spent a ton of money at the pool store to no avail. This year I learned about ascorbic acid and dropped a vitamin C tablet in the pool and was amazed at how quickly it removed the stains we had scrubbed and applied ALOT of metal stain removal products to with no results. So, I got super excited and began my search for AA. Expensive, yes, but it works I thought! Well, I am into over a hundred bucks so far and 6 lbs of AA.... it only removes the stains with direct contact to the liner in my pool. I have been trying to invent an applicator that will utilize the AA on the surface of the liner before it dissolves. Jeez! I am getting frustrated. I know the AA removes the stains but it is a giant pain to apply and costly! Originally I read that just circulating a couple of pounds of AA would lift the stains. It seems such a tease to know I can remove the stains if only....
:) Any advice out there? My well water has become super irony these last two years, and that is another issue (is also killing house water softener) but the reason for the new staining I think, our pool is 13 years old and we never had this problem before. Thanks!

18,000 gal doughboy 28' round. DE Filter, power pak II pump.

Yes I think I followed all protocols, maybe I missed something?. Chlorine O, ph and alkaline right on. The only thing off the charts is how hard the water is, I haven't had to change that before (?) It works as it is directly applied, but not circulating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.