Borate Question

hawkeyes

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
Who here uses borates? I'm considering this since it seems to help with pH stability. Just curious if people who often fight high pH have used borates with success and found it stabilized their pH so they had to add acid less often. Does the Proteam pH neutral product contain CYA? I want to get a pH neutral product without any CYA in it.

Thanks!

(edited b/c I answered one of my own questions.)

I use borates in my spa, because the aeration was making the pH go up enough to be annoying. It worked for me.

Proteam Supreme Plus, if that's what you mean by the pH neutral product, has no CYA in it.
--paulr

PaulR said:
I use borates in my spa, because the aeration was making the pH go up enough to be annoying. It worked for me.

Proteam Supreme Plus, if that's what you mean by the pH neutral product, has no CYA in it.
--paulr

I have my waterfall running with the pump for 8 hours/day so I bet that is why my pH is constantly on the rise. I guess I could turn that feature off but I love the sound it makes. Thought adding borates may stabilize my pH more (I am literally adding acid every 3 days). But also don't want to start adding things and create more confusion in my already pool-overloaded-brain. :hammer:

Well, that's not too different from the situation in my spa. Borates should help.

Make sure your pH/TA are pretty balanced before you add borates, because that will make pH and TA harder to adjust afterward.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.