Is My pressure to high?

stavs

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2010
I have a Hayward S180t sand filter and I just replaced my faulty pressure gauge yesterday. The pressure is now at 20, but the manual says bar is 3.45. I backwashed the filter for about 10 minutes, but pressure remained the same. Am I ok, or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!

20 PSIG could be prefectly normal for your system. What size eyeball do you have? I have a 1" eyeball and my pressure runs 11 PSIG clean my Sis has a ½" eyeball and hers runs 18 PSIG clean. It all depends on the makeup of the system.

Bama Rambler said:
20 PSIG could be prefectly normal for your system. What size eyeball do you have? I have a 1" eyeball and my pressure runs 11 PSIG clean my Sis has a ½" eyeball and hers runs 18 PSIG clean. It all depends on the makeup of the system.

Stupid question....Eyeball is what? :?:

The eyball is the last little adjustable part on your return jet inside the pool that allows you to direct the water flow. They are referring to the hole size in the "eyeball".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.