Pool help -> Liner, Pump etc

May 25, 2010
I recently got a doughboy 28foot pool free off craigslist earlier this week. No pump and bad liner(pool retails for 2 grand so I had to get it) I need to know if I actually have to pay a pool place 850 for the liner and 500 for the pump. Wouldnt any decent pump work? I mean a 1/4 or 1/2 HP should do the trick but finding one that can be modified to work yes?

Also a liner I have found a few on ebay for under 100 bucks do i really need to go pay 850? or would a 28 foot liner work that isnt "ezclip"?

You may need to check to see if Doughboys require a specific iiner. Some brands do. Even if they do you can get a GOOD liner online from a reputable dealer for $420 and up. I would steer clear of ANY dealer that offers a liner for a pool your size for $100. That is way too low for a 28 ft liner worth putting in and is probably junk or something that could fail. You can use any AG pool pump. There are many at good prices. Good luck

As Mom said, any liner worth putting in is going to be more than $100 but you can find good deals online for much less than the $850 your PS is quoting. If the $850 is for the liner and installation then that's not such a bad deal.

If all you're missing is the pump and you have a filter, etc. then a decent 2-speed above ground pump is what I'd recommend. They're probably half of the $500 you were quoted online. Of course if you need the filter too the $500 isn't a bad price for both.

I highly recommend you go with a 2-speed pump whatever you do.

I have the filter and all hoses I just need the pump.

thanks I will look around all I need is something small, I was thinking of using an Intex pump from the easy set series, they pump 1000-1500 gallons per hour, thin this would work? I got a cover and not many trees around so the pool shouldn't get THAT dirty.

an intex pump is too small for a 28ft pool...IMHO...it's too small for intex pools.

minimum 3/4 hp uprated or a 1/2hp fullrated pump is what you are looking for...what kind of filter do you have? Model#, Filter Media (Sand, Cartridge, DE)?

here is a thread on a cheap pump...some on here have posted about recently...personally not something I would want to purchase, but if you are looking for a cheap pump...it may work, but not sure if it is even UL listed...good luck

http://www.troublefreepool.com/neik...-pump-with-strainer-review-109-99-t20674.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.