We just purchased a home with an AG pool which has been left uncovered and utouched for a year or more. It was dark green, I pumped the water out until it was about a foot deep and refilled with clean water. Prior to reading this website I began shocking with bags of shock and used a 5$ test kit, this was 2 weeks ago I ended up adding 10 bags of shock which changed the water color from a rather dark green to a cloudy/milky blue. I found this site about a week ago and armed myself with a k-2006 test kit, ipod pool calculater, 12 jugs of walmart bleach (186 oz) some borax, muratic acid and baking soda. So friday I checked the water:
fc - 2
ph - 7.5
cya - 40
ta - 100
I brought the fc up to 15 and have held it between 12 and 20 for 3.5 days,(9 jugs of bleach) it seems to drop about 4 ppm overnight. I checked cc and it was 1. My problem is that I have seen no change in the water at all . Is this normal? Am I being too impatient? Thanks in advance for any help and this seems to be a very informitive web site. Will try and send a pic.