Re-opened pool.

8corneflakes

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
After opening my pool at the end of April and having the liner blow out, we are open for business AGAIN!! Just got the new liner installed yesterday and the pool is filled! Here's the numbers:

FC 0
CC 0
TC 0
pH 7.6
TA 230 (high?)
CH 0
CYA 0

I added two pounds CYA in the socks this morning. Put in a couple jugs of bleach and now the FC is up to 3.5. Should I worry about the TA yet? We put in three inches of our own well water and the rest was trucked in from the city. Any suggestions?

thanks to my loyal TFP peeps!

I wouldn't worry about the TA right now you can work on it along because it won't be a "all at once" event. You did right by getting soe FC in there and adding the CYA. How much CYA are you shooting for? 2lbs should raise it about 18.

according to the calculator, I should shoot for a CYA of 40. Last year, I was advised to add it no more than two pounds at a time. So, do I just wait for all that to dissolve, then add two more and so on until my amount is meet?

thanks!

Re. the high TA, when you do the R-0009 drops, do they look normal size? That reagent has a static buildup problem sometimes, you wipe the tip with a damp cloth or tissue every few drops to take care of it.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.