Is this a good price for bleach or chlorine

onenut

May 9, 2009
Columbus, MI
meijer is selling a case (4- 1 gallon containers) of 10% pool sanitizer or bleach or chlorine ( gets us guessing ) for $9.99
I was thinking if this was better deal then buying the bleach at 6% I going to check to see what the price for a gallon of the 6% bleach was but didnt have time
thanks

It all depends on where you live. That would be a pretty good price for chlorine in my area. Not quite like the $3.00 per gallon I get, but pretty close. Assuming the 10% is a Trade %, then your $9.99 for 4 gallons would be equivalent to $1.16 for a 96-ounce jug of 6% bleach (6.17% Trade). If the 10% is weight % of sodium hypochlorite, then it's equivalent to $1.12 for a 96-ounce jug o 6% bleach.

The $4 for 2.5 gallons of 10.5% (assuming Trade %) is equivalent to 74 cents for a 96-ounce jug of 6% bleach and is an outstanding price.

I wish we had a real pool store close, to do the refill and not have to waste all the 1 gallon jugs, but the closest pool store is about 30 miles away, the meijer is on my way home so the price don't seem to bad
thanks for the info all

Take a close look at the 4 pack from Sams as well. I bought two cases last night and both had some type of red/orange precipitant floating in them. Anyone know what this could be? My only guess was rust from the water source in the bottling plant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.