My filters pressue gauge is stuck-what to do?

stavs

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2010
I have a Hayward S180t sand filter, and we noticed yesdterday that the pressue guage is locked on and doesnt move. Whats the best way to replace this?

Thanks!

It should be a back connection ¼" NPT. Just unscrew it and screw the new one in it's place. You can get them at either the pool store or your local big box store (Lowes, etc.) will have them. Just match the range you have now and be sure to use sealant (t-tape or paste) on the threads.

Bama Rambler said:
It should be a back connection ¼" NPT. Just unscrew it and screw the new one in it's place. You can get them at either the pool store or your local big box store (Lowes, etc.) will have them. Just match the range you have now and be sure to use sealant (t-tape or paste) on the threads.

Ok..stupid question....I'm new to this :)

If I remove the pressue gauge from the filter, water will start coming out, which I assume is a bad thing. Do I need to turn the handle up top to a certain setting?

Bama Rambler said:
Turn the pump off and close the skimmer and return valves. Just like when you clean the pump strainer basket. There will be some water come out but it won't be much.

Valves....Hmm...I guess next year I need to add some turnoff valves to my setup as everything is pretty much directly connected.

On the plus side, I have the new valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.