GVA-24 solar diverter

indy

May 24, 2010
I have a GoldLine Controls GVA-24 and the diverter will only automatically turn to the POOL position, meaning when the roof is hot enough it will not turn to the SOLAR position?
This was working last weekend, and since a couple of days ago it has just stopped...
I have checked all the Sensors and everything is fine, any guesses on what the issue could be other than a defective diverter?

Thanks,

John

Try manually switch the actuator back and forth (silver toggle on bottom of actuator) to see if the actuator is working. You can also turn solar on manually via the controller to see if that part is working as well. If both the actuator and the controller are working, it could be the temperature sensor near the panels which is not working.

What controller do you have?

The controller is a Aqua Solar AQ-SOL-LV

When I switch the controller to the "solar test" position the actuator does not turn to the Solar position, if I manually turn it to the Solar Position and set the controller to OFF the actuator turns to the off position. It's almost as thought the actuator can not turn the opposite way?
I have checked the temperature sensors and they are both working correctly.

Thanks,

John

You should try what mas985 suggested, see if the valve turns when you use the switch that is directly on the valve actuator, not the one on the solar controller. That will tell you if the problem is with the actuator or the controller/wiring.

The switch is on the bottom of the actuator, closest to the valve. It is hard to see but feel underneath and you will find it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.