Possible to make a 27' Round pool into a 24'?

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
Have an opportunity to get a 2 year old 27' foot setup (complete with extras) - it does need a new liner though.

Anyway I am 99.99% sure we can do a 24' round w/o trouble and still have enough deck exiting the house to actual exit out on. The 27' becomes iffy. I think it is still doable but I cannot be sure.

If I knew for sure I could take this 27 and make it a 24 I would probably do the deal.

I saw 1 thread here where someone had asked about doing this with a Doughboy and there was no real concensus either .. just a maybe.

After some research the pool appears to be made by Lomart. The pool is this one here http://www.intheswim.com/Backyard-and-H ... und-Pools/

TIA for advice you guys/gals care to share.

Greg

Here's what I can tell you. I had a 54" round kitchen table with tile insert. I removed the tile and wanted to use the outside oak ring for a 50" or 52" poker table. I was really after the base, but thought that the oak ring would make a nice touch.

Well, there's no way to reduce a 54" circle to a 50" or 52". I'm sure someone can chime in with the technical rasones why that is. But but once you cut the circle, the circumfrance is lost. Do a Google on circles and you can get the explanation there as well.

Now, what does that mean for a pool? I have no idea, except your are still talking a circle and my guess is that the peices are curved to make a 27' circle and not a 24'.

You will not be able to change the radius evenly all the way around from the center of the new "circle". I work in autocad------trust me.
Exaggerate the problem by trying to imagine reducing a 1,000 ft circle to a 100 ft. circle and you'll see the problem

Check and see if the yard is large enough by making a 29' circle with flour in the area where you would want to put it. Making the circle a couple of feet bigger gives some room for error.

Theoretically you could shorten the wall portion of a 27' pool to the diameter 24' by cutting off some length of the wall itself. I would NEVER attempt such a thing due to possibly loosing strength. But the lower and upper rails would be at the wrong angle for a 24' pool. They are bent to fit the diameter of the pool itself. Now if you could just invent an adjustable AGB, that would be trick!! :wink: Just my 2 cents

Tim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.