liner wrinkles ok

May 8, 2010
prob a stupid question but my first above ground pool I actually went in it for the first time this past weekend and I notice the bottom has some wrinkles in it. It was installed on sand and vacuumed and pulled smooth on install but I guess you still get wrinkles and creases in it. Do wrinkles in the liner on the bottom cause any problems?

There are not a ton of them just 2 or 3 spots of em. its a 27 foot round 52 inch high pool

For the most part a few wrinkles doesn't hurt anything. If you have a pretty good idea what caused them and you're confident it's not a serious problem they'll be fine. You can try to work them out with a bathroom plunger if the liner is new but you have to be careful not to pull to hard and rip the liner.

I was assuming correctly or not that you just cant get all the wrinkles out during install and I had to live with them. they dont bother me if they are harmless to the life span of the liner im going to leave them

New pool owner here too. Last year was out first year. Same issue. What really fried my oysters though, is that we paid to have the pool installed. If we'd done it ourself, ok. But we needed a good amount of landscaping, etc., so we just paid them to do the whole deal.

They are experienced installers and in my opinion there shouldn't be wrinkles. That said, our soil was a bit clay-like and they added the grey substance (name escapes me. Looks like gun powder) to offer rigiditiy, which it did. Maybe it couldn't have been avoided. Who knows?

No harm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.