Pentair de filter back pressure

May 21, 2010
Hello, I just installed a pentair intelliflo 3050, pentair de filter fns60. I had a pool profesional come out and inspect my pump for air leaks since the pump would develop air bubbles after 2 hours of running. The pool profesional said my filter was clogged and causing back pressure. I removed the grids and hosed them down, reinstalled into a clean filter hosueing. I still am having air bubbles entering my pump after 2 hours. My water was dark black and green, 35,000 gallons, using the information on this website I now have the water slightly cloudy blue. I am low on ta, every other chemical is at the normal.

My question is when is the filter going to not clog and allow me to run it 8 plus hours a day? is the water still dirty even tho it is not green and sludge looking? My pressure starting out is 15, then goes up to 25 and starts developing the bubbles. Any help is appreciated. I did search for back pressure and could not find anything.

thanks

sjpobox said:
Yes the pressure returns to 15psi, then after 2 hours returns to 30. I was just worried I will have to do this everyday for the life of the pool .

thanks for the info.

You'll be fine. My fns+ 36 runs for many, many weeks before needing a backwash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.