Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellitouch Controller Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellitouch Controller Problem

I have a 3-year old Pentair Intellitouch I9+3 pool sytem controller. The 12V (Electronics) low voltage circuit breaker in the load center tripped this weekend and will not stay reset. Hence I have no control over my system. The Pentair literature offers no help that I can find regarding how to diagnose the problem. Can anyone offer any advice on how to diagnose the source or fix the problem? Is there a way to run my Intelliflo pump manually while I try to fix this problem? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellitouch Controller Problem

Sounds like the transformer took a hit and shorted or the AC to DC converter on the board went.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Scott - Thanks. I suppose I can measure the output voltages on that leg of the transformer fairly easy to check that possibility out, correct? Is my only option on the AC to DC converter problems to replace whole board? Charles

4. Back To Top    #4

I would expect so. I don't think the bridge rectifier is socketed. I expect it's the transformer though there is a possibility it took the board with it as a daisy chained event. Had any lightning storms lately?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Try unplugging all the valve actuators from the board, and see if the breaker will reset.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool Clown - I'll try unplugging actuators too. Thanks, Charles