Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: newb from new jersey!

1. Back To Top    #1

newb from new jersey!

hey guys, im a first time home buyer and first time pool owner. and i hope to have fun w/ it and learn as much as possible, cause im also a avid, do-it-yourselfer. thanks.
    20x40 IG vinyl, grecian style, 32.5k gal, hayward ec75a perflex d.e. hayward super pump 1 hp 80 gpm, 8 hr 38k gal turnaround

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: newb from new jersey!

Welcome! You're going to like this place! Do up the Pool School in the upper right hand corner and start your education to pool care and what the pool stores don't want you to know.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP

Read through pool school and the visit Tftestkits.net. A good test kit is the key to a trouble free pool summer.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome. You will be amazed at how easy it can be and how little you will spend compared to most of the people you know who have pools run by the pool store salesperson.

Invest now in a top of the line test kit. Most of us here use the TF-100 because it is the best value out there. That means that any question on testing using that kit can be answered quickly by posting here.

I also suggest starting a log book for all your tests and all the additions you make to the pool. I keep price comparisons for the chemicals I get, instructions for equipment, and handy hints that I don't want to forget in the book.

I made a larger test entry chart for the front of my test kit that shows all the tests as well as exactly what I added and why. Most of the time I only test pH and FC, every week or so I may test something else like TA or CH, every month I do a full test.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!