Still trying to work with water and SWG

imcj

May 18, 2010
I'm using the test strips and the Target over the counter drop test (I think that's what you call it - I take a water sample and add 5 drops of yellow in one side and 5 drops of red in the other) until I receive my TH-100 which is in transit and expected by Tuesday. I think the chlorine is too high.

Strips
TC 10
FC 10
TA 120
pH 7.8
TH 500

Drop Test
Chlorine 5
pH 7.6

Now the problem with the strips is, sometimes I'm just not real sure about the colors. Sometimes they don't look like the color on the bottle very much. Anyway, I was thinking of running SWG only 6 hours during the night instead of 7 because of the high chlorine. Please give input. Thank you so much.

I dont see where that would hurt, at least untill your test kit comes in. I would be concerned if your hardness was actually 500. Test strips are not reliable and currently your chlorine level is to high to measure with the drop test you have. High chlorine can skew the ph readings as well . turn down the swg and retest the ph and chlorine tomorrow night. Do a complete set of tests when your test kit arrives. Post your numbers then .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.