Intermatic P1352ME VS. TightWatt2

The P1353ME is a better timer, with a number of nice options. The TightWatt2, on the other hand, has the tight watt feature, which varies the pump run time based on the temperature. The TightWatt2 can save you some money, though some people find the unpredictable nature of the run time annoying.

I've had both, and prefer the Intermatic. I think it is a slightly higher quality unit, heavier and more solidly built. Also, the interace is more versatile in the intermatic. I like to see the water moving if I'm home so I like my pool running for a couple of hours in the a.m., and many hours in the afternoon. No problem for the intermatic; for the tighwatt, you can run two cycles per day, but both cycles have to be identical in length. I'm a tinkerer, and I prefer to frequently fine tune run times, and the intermatic allows me to do so more readily. The tightwatt is pretty much: set summer run time, set winter runtime, and the unit's algorithm does the rest. Some will prefer this "set and forget"; I pefer a little more control.

One can add a wireless remote for both. The tightwatt uses an x10 system, which gets so-so reviews but is pretty inexpensive. The intermatic utilizes it's i-wave system, which is more vesatile, allowing for control of a heater and valve actuators, but is more costly than the x10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.