super-cloudy water

Jun 8, 2008
Alk 200
pH 7.2
FC 10
CC 2
calcium 260
CYA - not sure, but after almost total refill, have added 6 1-lb. bags of di-chlor (I am out of CYA reagent right now)

Any advice would be appreciated. Water is a pretty light green but you can't see the second step after almost a week of running the filter 24 hours a day.

Thanks!

CC of 2 tells you you have contaminants. I'd raise your FC to 15 and hold it there until you get rid of the CC or find out what your CYA is so you can choose an appropriate shock level.

queenofmyswamp said:
CYA - not sure, but after almost total refill, have added 6 1-lb. bags of di-chlor (I am out of CYA reagent right now)

Have you placed an order yet? You will really need to know what the CYA level is so you'll know how high your shock level is.

Your TA is way too high. You need to add some muriatic acid to drop your PH to around 7.0-7.2, then aerate the water. As that happens the PH will rise and TA will drop. Keep dropping PH and aerating until TA gets between 70-90.

And you need to get your FC to around 16 and hold it there until CC=0.

Get a cheap stocking/hose and put on the skimmer basket and it will capture more of the algae particles.

Running the filter alone is not going to clear the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.