I opened my pool yesterday and it looked like a swamp,so I shocked it pretty hard with about 15 gallons of liquid chlorine in about 2-3 hour intervals.
This morning,the water was just a little cloudy, which is great, no more green. I have the FAS-DPD test kit, here are my results:
I need to buy more reagent to test for cya
My question is did I shock too much too fast. I read that if chlorine levels are too high it could damage the equipment. I never got hold of the algae this fast, was hitting it with that amount of chlorine so fast a bad idea,should it be more gradual?