Advice on mesh covers

kpine

Sep 23, 2009
I would like some ideas on next winters closing ... I have a Meyco Mesh cover and bought and used it last winter ... When opening up this year it allowed allot of dirt in and there also was an algae problem ... I read a post where there is a inflatable that you can put under the cover and if so can you tell me where to get one ??? I would like help in planning next years closing so I won't have the nightmare I have had so far ... My thoughts are using the mesh cover , with the inflatable underneath and over the top of the mesh cover use the tarp that was used by the previous owner until about march then pull it off to allow the pool to fill up to strainer level without having to use excessive water amounts ... The inflateable will keep the mesh cover high enough to allow for drain off ... Also would it be a good idea to put some algaeside in occasionally ???

Welcome to TFP!!

Your cover is a good one, but they now make a better one. It's not a reason to buy a new 'solar block' cover, we can tell you how to open to a clean pool with the one you've got. :cool:

There's time before you close the pool to discuss this further, give POOL School a good couple of reads and see if you can't find out what I'm hinting at here. I'll tell you the 'secrets' to opening your pool without it being a swamp but think that you'll feel better about yourself and your ability to maintain your pool, if you find the answers yourself :goodjob: