Pool opening readings

coruna1

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2009
Central New Jersey
Hi! All! Started the BBB method last year and love it! I opened the pool for the first time and the water is clear :party: but I need help with my readings as I'm a little confuse as what to add to the pool. The readings are as follows;

FC 0
TC 0
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 100
CYA 0
Temp 64

I added these readings to the pool calculator and the results don't seem right. Please help, I need to know how much to put in there and of what to have a perfect swimming season. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to great results! :party:

You need to get chlorine and CYA in the pool right away.

I would start by adding 1/2 of a small jug of clorox each evening for the next 2-3 evenings or so.

At the same time, add enough CYA to get to 40-50ppm.

After the 2-3 evenings of adding chlorine, test again and post your results. You only need to test for.....

FC
CC
CYA

Your pool should stay clear since it's already clear but get the chlorine in their absolutely right away.

Please do not take this as a scold but rather further explanantion of BBB. BBB is about knowing how to test accurately and knowing what to do with the test results. Do not rely on the pool calculator to maintain your pool. You need to apply the knowledge you are gaining from reading pool school and apply that knowledge to your test results.

We all started with zero knowledge of pool care so all of us will help with any questions you may encounter but we want you to be in charge of your pool thru testing and knowledge.......the pool calulator is only another tool to help you manage what you have learned.

Is now 8 days later and my pool is crystal clear, I took pictures under water of my son and and you can see from one side to the other, is amazing! :whoot: My readings as of yesterday were as follow;

FC 5
TC 5
CC 0
PH 7.6
CYA 40

Thank you so much for your help, I really love this site! I can't stop talking to my friends about it, :blah: but they don't listen, I guess they refuse to save money :hammer: , oh well is their lost! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.