excess of soda ash clouded up pool

One of my homeowners, in an attempt to help me get the pool [60,000gal.] open for the season, added at least 10lbs! of soda ash, not dissolved, to the pool [cold water] to raise the ph just 2pts.....misread charts. Pool very cloudy, can't see drain in 3ft! Help!!

The chances are good that simply running the pump will clear things up, as Bama Rambler suggested. However, it could also be calcium clouding, which won't always clear up on it's own. If you post a full set of water test results, I can suggest a solution for calcium clouding that doesn't go away.

Water test results: [Taylor test kit] TC: 5+ FC: 5+ pH: 7.5 TA: 90 CYA: 80 CA Hard. : 160

Results from pool store done within 1hr of first test: TC: 5 FC: 5 pH: 7.6 TA: 69 CYA: 100
CA Hard. : 194

Pump always on. Brushed 2x...no effect. Turned on heater this AM.

Thanks

Clarity now improved to seeing 3ft bottom inlets. Added 6 10oz doses of Bio-gard's Natural Clarifier and have replaced about 10% of the water every day....but still can't see to 8ft bottom so the pool stays closed. Fortunately, the weather in Seattle is awful. The tested values are all still nominal so I don't want to add any chemicals without being reasonably sure that I won't be making things worse. Thanks to all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.