opening pool w/ swg

Feb 12, 2010
We opened our 18' x 52" aboverground pool yesterday and filled it to the right water level. We are using the intex saltwater generator model 8110 which was set up last year and worked great. I always forget to write down how i open the pool so I can remember the next season.

These are the numbers I got when I checked the pool yesterday with the TF-100. I'm afraid to add anything before I ask. I used the pool calculator.

FC 3.5
CC .5
TC 4
pH 7.2
T/A 70
CH 100 (doesn't matter because its a vinyl pool right?)
CYA 50
salt 2070

The calculator said to add 50 lbs of salt to bring it up to 3000 ppm, 46 oz of baking soda, and 15 oz of borax. Is this right?

If this is new fill water it'll take 24 hours for the salt to register. If it's not new water, just raising the level, then the only thing I'd add right now would be the salt. Your pH is in the acceptable range and with a SWCG it's gonna raise anyway. Your TA is good and it'll lower as you adjust the pH. You're right about the CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.