Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need ideas for stone containment.

1. Back To Top    #1

Need ideas for stone containment.

Hi All,
    My yard has stones (as groundcover) in the landscape that essentially run down the length of yard and parallels my neighbors yard. There is a fence dividing the two properties but there is also a grade differential between the two. My neighbor is complaining that my stones come under the fence and into his yard which makes trimming and cutting the grass difficult (according to him). Anyway, I'd like to keep him happy so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to contain the stones to my yard. The fence is a standard wooden pressure treated fence. I was considering running some interlocking landscape blocks along the length of the fence but was worried about the frost heaves in winter.
    Any ideas? I can post a picture of the area if it helps.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need ideas for stone containment.

Hi Joe...I think a pic would certainly help us visulize it and offer some suggestions
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need ideas for stone containment.

I think a lawn edging similar to this put down along the fence would take care of the problem. You may even bury it an inch or so.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1 ... ogId=10053
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html