How to keep the keeeds out? Looking for a way to lock up.

Pool-creetin

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 22, 2010
Michigan
Trying to keep the kids off the deck when adults are not around. I have a standard fence latch, and it has a slot for a lock. Do I just put a pad lock on it, or is there a better way?
TIA!!!
IMG_4289.jpg

That is all we use and so far, it has been successful. Make sure the keeeeeeeeds can't REACH the key or the extra one. Master padlocks have an outdoor lock that has served us well both on the gate to the deck and the outdoor shed. Got ours at a big box store. Good luck with keeping the keeeeeds safe!

:D Thanks much! Thats what I will do. I know a lady that also had an alarm if it wasnt de-activated in 5 seconds that would go off if someone opened the gate. Dunno if I wil go that crazy since i see that alarm going off 5-10 times a day accidentally.
As you can see the pool has been to the max with safety in mind.
I did not have to have a pool fence, But it went in anyways to keep the little ones ( And some teenagers)safe as much as possable. The fence is a pita, But for peace of mind it's priceless.

Our dog has learned how to jiggle the gate just so that the latch comes undone - from both sides. He REALLY wants to be on the deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.