Easy Touch settin up for solar

Mar 18, 2010
Hello,

I am trying to set up the Easy Touch with my solar panels using a temperature sensor placed in the roof with the panels.

There are two settings in the Easy Touch to start the solar and stop it. Both are how many degrees from a preset temperature.

My understanding is that let's say that to start solar I set 6 degrees and to stop solar I set 3 degrees. This means that when the temperature
in the panels is 6 degrees higher than the water in the pool, the solar will turn on. By the time the temperature in the panels is only 3 degrees or
less than than the water in the pool, the solar will turn off. Is this correct?

Then I don't understand what is the purpose of the temperature that is set in the solar menu that was set to 90 degrees by the installer.

My question is if the temperature deviation (6 degrees and 3 degrees) is the temperature sensor in the solar panels related with the temperature
in the pool water or with the temperature set in the heat menu, I think it is called "set point temperature"?

I mean, I don't understand the meaning or purpose of this "set point temperature".
I can see this temperature in the Easy Touch display at the right of the pool temperature above of the air temperature.

Thank you,

Rodrigo.

There are three temperatures, two relative to the pool water and one absolute. The 3 and 6 degree offsets from the pool water work exactly as you describe. The set point temperature is an absolute temperature upper limit. If the pool water is above the set point temperature, the solar system will not turn on even if the solar panel sensor is more than 6 degrees above the temperature of the pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.