Salt System for 33' Above Ground Pool-Confused!!!!

May 23, 2010
I have a 33' round 52" high above ground pool. It holds around 25,000 to 27,000 gallons of water. I am looking for a salt system, but all of them that I find for that many gallons are only for in ground pools. Can anyone help or offer a suggestion for a system that will work?

If it's a SWCG system that uses a cell that's plumbed inline with the piping, it can be used for an AGP as well as an IGP. I found two systems online that can handle your pool; the Aqua Rite system and the Intellichlor system. I'm sure there are others available as well. Be prepared for sticker shock though - the bigger the cell, the more you pay for it. You might also want to check with some of the vendors who provide discounts to TFP supporters.

I imagine you can also install install multiple units. I know there are some good prices out there on some A/G units. If you can do the job with two of those, you might compare to the cost of one I/G unit. I don't know anything about the quality of the A/G's versus the I/G's, though.

The Aqua Rite 40K gal unit will also work just fine on your system too and is not hard to install - the owners manuals are all linked to the merchant's site at DBfan187's post above. It looks like that merchant carries them for about $100 more than the Jandy - I don't know much about the Jandy units...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.