Rust pumped in pool

May 22, 2010
Hey guys,
I just got my pool perfectly balanced for a pool party tomorrow. The weather report says its going to be cold though, so I turned on my pool heater for the first time (new house) to see if it worked. Of course it began pumping rust filled water in my pool. It only pumped for a minute or so. Do I need to do anything to fix this, or is it no big deal? Is the water safe to swim in?

I'd vaccuum or scoop up whatever you could, just for appearance's sake, assuming the bits fell to the bottom. Or if there are flakes/chips rather than dust. I shouldn't think it would be harmful to the water.
--paulr

OK cool, thanks. I just wanted to make sure. It has been a couple hours and the cloudiness has all dissipated and the water clear. Not as clear as it was before I turned on the heater, but still clear. I don't see any flakes or anything, I suppose it was just dust.
Thanks again, I appreciate the advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.