HELP Please - Pentair Whisperflo 3/4hp wiring issue

May 22, 2010
I have read all of the related posts on this topic, so maybe someone may have found the solution and never posted the answer. Purchased a replacement Pentair Whisperflo 3/4, that comes set up for 230, and I am trying to switch over to 115. I have followed the motor plate wiring diagram to the letter, but the motor only hums and slowly turns and trips the breaker. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help...

Split from highlighted thread.

Bama Rambler said:
Did you switch the white and brown wire as depicted in the two wiring diagram?

Yes, switched the wires just as the motor plate wiring diagram shows, and as the photos in this previous post thread show. This is very frustrating to have a new pump not work as it should. I knew I was sunk when I found several other websites with the same problem as this pump. Back it goes to SPP on Monday. I could have purchased 2 cheap pre-wired 115v pumps for the cost of this lemon, but the wife was wanting a "quiet and efficient" pump. Sometimes better just means it costs more... Thanks for the reply!

I just installed my new WhisperFlo 3/4 hp pump yesterday, wired it up for low voltage following the diagram on the label and everything worked fine.

I did get a little nervous reading this thread before I started, but everything worked out.

Did you ever contact Pentair or did you just go with another pump?

Yes, I went with another pump. I noted that the "new" Pentair Whisperflo pump did not have original packaging, or a manual. It was probably a second or return from the seller. Oh well. New 2 speed 1 HP Heyward Power Flow Matrix is now in place and working fine. Hope to save some $ on the electric bill this summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.