CC at .5 Acceptable or Not?

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
I know this is not as big of an issue as some of you here. On Monday I tested and my CC's were .5 . I have never had any CC's in the past two years. I did shock our pool up to 22 on Monday night, but with lack of TF refills and rainy weather I did not get a chance to retest until last night. Once again, CC's were at .5, FC was at 9.5. The water is crystal clear though. I do not want to let this get out of control so early in the season...that is if there is anything to get out of control.

Should I shock again tonight that I have my TF Test refills or is .5 acceptable?

DH will be cleaning the filter tonight since we have not cleaned it since we opened on April 30.

CYA - 55
PH 7.6
TA - 95

Thx.

Sometimes the CC will jump up to .5 and then go away. That's nothing to be worried about. I think shocking was not needed but it didn't hurt anything. The best way to know if you need to shock is to do an overnight chlorine drop test.

You can also do a FAS-DPD test on a 25ml sample where each drop of reagent is 0.2 ppm. That 0.5 might really be 0.2 or 0.6 (assuming you are testing with 10 ml sample). Maybe .2 would read as zero on the 10ml test, but then a .8 would read as .5. However it works, at the one drop level moving to the more precise test would provide better information before deciding to shock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.