Storing Pool Chemicals and Test Kits

I have a pool deck storage room that covers my filter pump and motor from the elements. I store all the pool toys, cleaning nets, poles and test kit in this room. I also have an area that is separate and also covered on the backside of the storage room. This is where I keep my chemicals, ie. bleach, baking soda, borax, muriatic acid, and stabilizer. The sun never shines in these rooms, but they will get up to 90 plus degrees as the temps warm up. I am curious if this will ruin or degrade the chemicals or test kit agents over time. I don't want to store the acid in the house and I will put the bleach in the laundry room if needed. Any suggestions or will leaving this stuff outside covered be ok?

Thanks.

Al

Test kit reagents want to be stored at a comfortable room temperature, not 90 plus.
Bleach will degrade faster at higher temps, although if it's regular 5-6% bleach the difference is probably not enough to notice before you get around to using it.

I would not store acid near any chlorine compound. Acid + any chlorine compound = chlorine gas and (if it's powdered chlorine) potential explosion.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.