Wilkes pool liner pulling away - Please, still need help!

Re: Wilkes pool liner pulling away

Is this a beaded liner? Looks like it pulled out of the receiver. If it is a Unibead/JHook you would need to remove the top rails and stabalizer track on that corner and put it back on...unless it is ripped? Can't tell from that picture..

Re: Wilkes pool liner pulling away

Ok, I took some more pictures, and also looked at one of the corners that wasn't pulling away.

It seems that they used the white clips to wedge the liner in.
[attachment=1:362sd954]PIC_0306.jpg[/attachment:362sd954]

But they should have folded the liner around the white piece, and then wedged it in, like this:
[attachment=0:362sd954]PIC_0307.jpg[/attachment:362sd954]

My question, how can I heat this up so that it stretches? What process should I use for this?

Attachments

• PIC_0306.jpg
    PIC_0306.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 189
  • PIC_0307.jpg
    PIC_0307.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 189
Should I try this myself? Or hire somebody?
Will I need to lower my water?

I don't think I can let people in until I do this, the water will very easily splash over and behind the liner.

I tried stretching it myself, but could not. Didn't try heating it tho.

Sorry for the delay! :oops:

Give this for some tips.

There's no reason not to use the pool. A little water behind the liner will be forced out by the water in the pool.

You posted on my daughter's 13th birthday and the following week was the busiest for pool dudes - again, sorry!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Striking out on local places to hire to do this. Either they won't do it because they didn't sell it, or we're not local enough.

Wife and I tried to do it last night, got a little back in the track, but I think I'm going to have to lower the water level.... :grrrr: :(

Okay, it's decision time...

I can either:
A) Drain the pool now, maybe half way, fix the liner, and fix the return fitting that's leaking
B) Hold off until the end of the season on every thing and drain and fix

Other thoughts... I've been thinking about adding another suction port for vacuuming. When/If I drain, I would probably want to do that then. (more towards the middle of the pool)

What are your thoughts? How much $$ and chemicals could I lose this way?

If it was your pool what would you do? (Be honest, I can take it.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.