Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I shock in the rain?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I shock in the rain?

I need to shock, but can I do it in the rain? Does that mess things up?
    13,500 Wilkes Vinyl AG (15'x30' rectangular)
    Hayward Power-Flo LX SP1580, 1HP
    Hayward S-160T High Rate Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I shock in the rain?

Hum, popular question this week.

Yes, you can shock in the rain. The only problem with rain is that you get wet when you go out to take care of the pool. However, if there are thunderstorms or high winds, you should wait till later.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Can I shock in the rain?

I had that same question this week! I learned quickly that if you do start shocking in the rain, it is best to get a sample of your pool water in a clean container (I use and empty water bottle) and test your water inside, or at least out of the rain! I had a *blonde* moment and wondered how I was going to test the water, and then some one here suggested this to me! Actually, this is a good way to test your water regularly because you risk getting your test kit wet, dropping the test kit and chemicals into the water, or actually falling in the water yourself! I know this should be common sense, but I sometimes run low on my supply If you already knew all this, just get your giggle on about me for a minute and continue on!! Good luck!
    18x36 Grecian style vinyl 23,000 gal inground pool, Hayward Pro Series S220T sand filter, Hayward Super Pump 1 hp.