Going the right way?

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Due to work schedule I have left the pool at shock level (or very close to) for this week.
Today I was able to run the overnite drop test. Here are the numbers
fc-21
cc-0
I had added 1.5 qts of liquid chlorine,12.5%, 2 hours before testing.
This morning before the sun rose I got some test water and ran test again. Here are the numnbers..
fc-19.5
cc-0
cc has been at 0 for the last 3 days.
ph- 8.2+ (from taylor kit)
ta-110
cya-70

The pool looks great! Water crystal clear and "sparklie". Wife commented on how clear and good the water is looking. I need some directions on where to go from here. I'm thinking I need to let the chlorine level drift down to 10 (i'd like to stay at the upper level suggested by pool calculator) and get the ph down to the 7.2--7.5 range. Is this the right direction to be heading?
I have been running my pump 24/7 since opening. Is there any advantages of continuing this or is it just as good to put it on a timed run?

You lost more than 1.0 ppm of chlorine overnight, so you are very very close, but not quite done shocking. I suggest throughly brushing the entire pool and continuing at shock level till overnight loss is 1.0 or less.

Ignore the PH reading when FC is that high.

JasonLion said:
You lost more than 1.0 ppm of chlorine overnight, so you are very very close, but not quite done shocking. I suggest throughly brushing the entire pool and continuing at shock level till overnight loss is 1.0 or less.

Ignore the PH reading when FC is that high.

Finished brushing the pool and checking chlorine.
fc--20
cc--0
would I be safe to try an overnite test tonight and in the morning or wait until
sunday night and test then get some water early monday morning and store it in a dark area until I can test monday after work?? Many thanks for the assistance!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.